/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Potential Ride7 Project Creation Issue

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2009-04-14 16:25:09 Potential Ride7 Project Creation Issue

jetcode

Potential Ride7 Project Creation Issue

I noticed that when a new project is created in Ride7 it MUST be saved or Ride7 will not open it correctly. If the new project is created and Ride7 closed the project doesn't show up in the recent projects list and an empty project icon appears when I load the project via open. I went through this 2-3 times and saving the project before exiting is necessary.

In my opinion the project should be saved automatically once it has been created.

Another Issue:
If files are open in two vertical panes project save disables the vertical divider.

I'm noticing limitations in Ride7's IDE and it's not a wonder the last IDE I used was VS2008. It would be nice to have a workspace which remembers files and workspace related configuration. Perhaps for a future release.

Last edited by jetcode (2009-04-15 19:59:01)

# 2   2009-04-20 10:22:34 Potential Ride7 Project Creation Issue

kubark42

Re: Potential Ride7 Project Creation Issue

jetcode :

would be nice to have a workspace which remembers files and workspace related configuration. Perhaps for a future release.

Especially this. I have a terrible time with RIDE7 as it forgets window configuration BETWEEN refreshes. For instance, if I go fro debug mode to normal mode, windows jump around and put themselves places I never intended. I put them back where they belong, and RIDE7 sort of remembers this for a moment, but then, poof, it forgets and everything becomes duck soup again.

As you say, perhaps for a next version. Is there a bugzilla somewhere we we can report this and make feature upgrade requests?

# 3   2009-04-20 20:26:37 Potential Ride7 Project Creation Issue

jetcode

Saving the project rewires the desktop to the default setting wiping out the vertical and horizontal pane configuration. I use vertical panes all the time and it is mildly annoying to have to reset the desktop back to the way I like it each time and on startup.

Last edited by jetcode (2009-04-21 19:34:41)

# 4   2009-04-21 16:27:12 Potential Ride7 Project Creation Issue

Bruno
Software Engineer
Website

Hi Jetcode and Kubark,

Thanks for reporting these issues. We successfully reproduced (most of) them in our labs:

- The projects are not saved automatically after project creation.
- Projects are not saved before a build.
- Upon project save the editor window dividers (if any) disappear.

We will work on these problems and fix them.
However there is a problem that we have not been able to reproduce: The windows organisation is always preserved upon Ride7 exit/restart. There must be something that broke in your Ride configuration files. This bug has already been reported by other users but we failed to find its root cause. It is probably due to a Ride7 crash corrupting some config files.

Kubark can you try to uninstall Ride, removing the whole "Program files\Raisonance" directory, and also "Documents and settings\user\Application data\Ride7" directory (referenced as "%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Ride7\" from a DOS box). Then reinstall Ride, and let me know if the issue is solved.

Regards,
Bruno

-- Bruno Richard, Ph.D.

# 5   2009-04-21 19:03:52 Potential Ride7 Project Creation Issue

jetcode

Thanks for the update Bruno and thanks for helping us with these tools ... Joe

Bruno the tool versions I had loaded were obsolete and the latest code works great ... Joe

Last edited by jetcode (2009-04-26 18:11:38)

Board footer