/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Automatically subscription to threads

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2009-04-09 22:10:03 Automatically subscription to threads

kubark42

Automatically subscription to threads

This looks a lot like a phpBB forum, but there's one feature I can't seem to find: automatically subscribing to topics. I'd like to 1) automatically subscribe to any thread I post to, and 2) be able to subscribe to any new post in a particular forum.

Am I missing how to activate these,?  I've looked everywhere, but I just can't find them. So am I blind, or are they just not present in the current forum? If the latter, could you guys activate them? I think both those features are essential to a healthy, quickly-responding community.

# 2   2009-04-21 21:25:31 Automatically subscription to threads

Benoit
Administrator

Re: Automatically subscription to threads

Hi,

I can see this link just after your topic and my answer. It appears only when you are logged in.

Regards,

Benoit

# 3   2009-04-21 21:36:10 Automatically subscription to threads

kubark42

Re: Automatically subscription to threads

Benoit :

I can see this link just after your topic and my answer. It appears only when you are logged in.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. What you're referring to is the manual link to subscribe. In almost all forums, any time you reply to a thread you automatically subscribe to that thread. You have to manually unsubscribe. In this forum, it's the exact opposite. I have to manually subscribe, which is unfortunate as it reduces participation, IMHO.

So, here's what I would like:

1) To be automatically subscribed to any thread I post in. For instance, if a third user decides to post to this thread, he would automatically be notified of any updates, $1 having to take any extra actions.

2) I would like to be able to be notified of any $1 thread in a particular forum. For instance, I would like to follow the STM32 primer forum such that whenever there is a thread started I receive an email in my inbox. This helps me be more reactive to other forum users who might have questions or suggestions that interest me.

There's a phpBB setting that you can set, if I guessed correctly and this is a phpBB forum after all. However, these setting are not available from the Profile settings page. Any thoughts on why this is and what to do about it?

Last edited by kubark42 (2009-04-21 22:24:41)

Board footer