/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Attempting to build ST USB Development Kit sample projects

Username:     
Password:     

Forum
  • Index
  •  » STM32 primer
  •  » Attempting to build ST USB Development Kit sample projects

# 1   2007-11-01 21:42:18 Attempting to build ST USB Development Kit sample projects

dalewheat
Website

Attempting to build ST USB Development Kit sample projects

I'm attempting to build the ST-supplied USB Development Kit sample projects.  They all have RIDE7 projects defined for them.  Every one of them fails to build when the executable "dwf2xml.exe" crashes.  I would show you the command line being called by for some reason I can't copy & paste from the "Build Log" window (I can copy but then there's nothing to paste).

Anyone have similar problems or ideas what I'm doing wrong?  I'm most interested in using the Virtual_COM_Port project as a basis for using the STM32 Primer as a USB IrDA transceiver.  The demo project uses USART 1 which just so happens to be the port that is now connected to my shiny new IrDA transceiver on my STM32 Primer.

Thanks,

Dale Wheat

# 2   2007-11-02 13:29:45 Attempting to build ST USB Development Kit sample projects

Francis
Administrator

Re: Attempting to build ST USB Development Kit sample projects

We compile the different examples without any problem here...
Do you use the latest CD image?
I will send you by email the dwf2xml.exe I am using.

# 3   2007-11-02 21:23:47 Attempting to build ST USB Development Kit sample projects

dalewheat
Website

Francis,

Thank you for your help!  The new executable works perfectly.

Thanks,

Dale Wheat

# 4   2007-11-03 09:03:57 Attempting to build ST USB Development Kit sample projects

Francis
Administrator

The cause of the problem was within some very long pathnames. It will be fixed in the next release, but at the moment, a simple workaround is to avoid very deep pathnames (the current limitation should be around 150 characters).

• Index
  •  » STM32 primer
  •  » Attempting to build ST USB Development Kit sample projects

Board footer