/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Annoying bug on Ride7 IDE 7.14.0001

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2009-01-02 12:14:16 Annoying bug on Ride7 IDE 7.14.0001

vasster

Annoying bug on Ride7 IDE 7.14.0001

Ride7 IDE Ride7 7.14.0001
RKIT-ARM 1.13.0810

Description: Changing optimization level corrupts path info of source file

For example in project CircleOS v2.0, application Hello, file Hello.c info path shows CircleOS-2.0\Circle\Applications\Hello\Hello.c
If we change optimization level of application and try to make the above file fails because info path shows
CircleOS-2.0\Circle\Hello.c

The change happens in in Hello.rapp
before <NodeC Path=".\Hello.c" Header="Hello.c" Marker="-1" OutputFile=".\obj\Hello.o" sate="0" />
after <NodeC Path="..\..\Hello.c" Header="Hello.c" Marker="-1" OutputFile=".\obj\Hello.o" sate="0" />

It seems to happen on secondary applications of project and not on the first which is Circle

# 2   2009-01-02 15:44:10 Annoying bug on Ride7 IDE 7.14.0001

matloub

Re: Annoying bug on Ride7 IDE 7.14.0001

Hi

I think the problem come from the files more than the IDE.
There is no project file for hello application so I assume you have created a neww one.

InCircleOS-2.0\Circle\Applications\Hello\ there are source files but also a .rapp file.
This file should not be there at least if is there it should be with a .rprj file in the same folder.
This might be the reason why in this particular case you have this problem
When you created your project there must be a confusion between your new .rapp and the older one

The solution is to remove all the files that are not source files or linker script (.rprj,.rapp,;dbi,.mdb,.ctx,...)and to create a new project.

I will put a version without these .rapp file on the download link.

Matloub

# 3   2009-01-02 19:40:07 Annoying bug on Ride7 IDE 7.14.0001

vasster

Re: Annoying bug on Ride7 IDE 7.14.0001

Thanks for the reply. The file was a version that I downloaded on November. CircleOS-2.0.zip was version 2.0 and it had the extra applications inside the source directory.
Anyway, the bug is still there. The steps to see it is :
Create a new project
Add (or create) an item - source c file.
Add in project a new application in a NEW folder inside the project folder
Add (or create) an item - source c file in the new application folder
Make the application
Change optimization level
Make application
see the build failed

It seems that the problem is that it does not accept the second application to be in its own folder. If it is in project folder everything is ok. So a quick solution is to keep all applications in source project folder and have sources in separate folders.

PS if you copy a c file from project view and paste it in a new place it pastes all the application info (not something expected). Anyway I want to thank you for the tools and all the effort. I have two primers and I'll buy the new primer2 for support.
Cheers

Board footer