/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / STM32F429 Contest

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2014-01-29 11:37:45 STM32F429 Contest

kilohercas

STM32F429 Contest

Hello, i just want to ask simple question.

I have project based on STM32F429, it is smart solder reflow oven. It has 800x480 AMOLED screen, capacitive touchscreen for input, STM32F429 running at 180MHz with 2MB SRAM frame buffer. It also have two thermocouples for temperature measurements connected to PSoC5LP MCU that handles temperature acquisition and PID for PWM temperature control. STM32F429 communicate via uart with PSoC5LP to set temperature profile. it will use DMA2D peripheral for temperature graphics and also for on screen numeric keyboard that will be used to change refow parameters (like peak temperature, board size,preheat temperature and time). All hardware is completely custom, but is very similar to STM32F429 primer.

Originally it is developed on IAR AMR, but i can do that on Raisonance IDE as well, since i am running my own operating system.

So question is, if i have hardware that is completely custom, can i participate in this contest ?

I will produce all schematics, all pcb files as well as drawings, and of course c code. But because it will be impossible to run my application on STM32F429 primer (because of different hardware, like lcd, frame buffer ), i will make video to show how it works. This project will be open source so anyone who has amoled panel, and additional parts can make one.

I will also could create forum thread with step by step instructions how i did that

# 2   2014-01-30 09:26:44 STM32F429 Contest

gussenhovenS
Administrator

Re: STM32F429 Contest

Hi,

Thanks for wanting to clarify these points. Your application sounds very interesting.

The conditions of the contest are clear in that entries are judged on implementation on the EvoPrimer and the application uses the DMA2D.

The EvoPrimer hardware can be extended... the key is that the hardware extension should be able to connect to and function with any EvoPrimer base.

Your application could be accepted if some functionality of the application that uses the DMA2D functioned on the EvoPrimer.

This has been done in past contests.

-sg

# 3   2014-02-12 16:07:28 STM32F429 Contest

gussenhovenS
Administrator

Re: STM32F429 Contest

As it is, the application is not conform to the rules of the contest. sad

Some part of the application must run on an EvoPrimer and must implement the DMA2D peripheral.

Board footer