/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Problem installing Ride 7 IDE

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2008-07-30 20:32:58 Problem installing Ride 7 IDE

sgoadhouse

Problem installing Ride 7 IDE

I just tried installing the Ride 7 IDE from Circle_STM32-Primer_Kit_V1.4-2008-04-01.zip  It fails with an error window with the following:

Ride 7 IDE Installer Information

Internal Error 2203.
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\12ce58b.ipi, -2147287035

Any suggestions on how to get the IDE to install?  I am trying to install this on a Pentium 4 3.2GHz system with 3GB of RAM running Win XP Pro SP3.  The main HD has 6GB free.  Any help would be much appreciated.  I searched through the forums but I have not seen this issue addressed.

Stephen

# 2   2008-07-31 18:14:12 Problem installing Ride 7 IDE

matloub

Re: Problem installing Ride 7 IDE

Hi

We have not been reported such a problem so it might take a while undestand where it comes from.

For now what I can suggest i that you download from our website Ride7 and RKit-ARM so you can stqrt usingf your primer, please remove the forlder PRogram files\raisonance
http://www.raisonance.com/download/index.php

Let me know if you were able to install Ride7 and then RKit-ARM
Then I will have some question for you just understandd why where the problem is.

Best regards,
Matloub

# 3   2008-07-31 18:51:51 Problem installing Ride 7 IDE

sgoadhouse

Thanks for your response.  I am downloading the files that you suggested and I will reply once I try to install them. 

I did try several things to determine why the install would not work including rebooting and turning off Anti-Virus.  Nothing worked.  Hopefully the files will work.

Stephen

# 4   2008-07-31 19:25:25 Problem installing Ride 7 IDE

sgoadhouse

The install using the downloaded files failed as before.  I first got the message box: "Please wait while Windows configures Ride7 IDE".  The progress bar got about 75% and then I got the error message:

Internal Error 2203.
c:\WINDOWS\Installer\63bafa0.ipi, -2147287035

I will try to turn off as many background processes as possible to see if that helps.  Perhaps there is a conflict.

Stephen

# 5   2008-07-31 19:45:17 Problem installing Ride 7 IDE

sgoadhouse

Okay, I figured it out, thanks to Process Explorer!

I have a second, large hard drive that is mounted via a NTFS mount.  It is also accessible via a drive letter.  However, in trying to deal with issues with a completely different program, I had changed the TEMP env variable to point to the temp directory on this large hard drive via the NTFS mount.  When I saw that specified on the msiexec command line via Process Explorer, I changed %TEMP% back to the user temp directory.  When I tried the install this time, it worked fine.

So, if anyone else ever runs into this issue and their TEMP is not the usual place, have them make this change and it should work.  I would not be surprised if it was an issue in msiexec and not your install package at all.

Stephen

Board footer