/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Not able to Debug in Ride7 STM32 EvoPrimer, too irritating !

Username:     
Password:     

Forum
  • Index
  •  » STM32 primer
  •  » Not able to Debug in Ride7 STM32 EvoPrimer, too irritating !

# 1   2013-01-02 10:08:33 Not able to Debug in Ride7 STM32 EvoPrimer, too irritating !

softy

Not able to Debug in Ride7 STM32 EvoPrimer, too irritating !

Hi,
I am not able to debug the code for STM32 evoprimer on the RIde7. I have registered it as lite version.This what is happening :

(1) After putting the break point the program halts at that point(expected) but on doing the step into or step over the flow halts showing the red bang on some assembly code .

(2) If I try to put the break point 2-3 lines below the above point where the programme halts at this new break point , passing the above point's code(proving there is nothign wrong in the code above)

Point  what I am trying to make  is on doing step into or step out the red bang is coming continously without letting me know where the flow is going and whats wrong is happening there any output windows where I can see the exception.PLz assist me I am struggling with this issue for past week and it is really banging my head , I am not ale to proceed any further neither close to the reason of why problem is coming.Is this due to my version of Ride7. I have the lates Ride 7 though
RGds,
Softy

" Pain is temporary, Quitting Lasts for ever"

# 2   2013-01-03 06:05:50 Not able to Debug in Ride7 STM32 EvoPrimer, too irritating !

atitude
Website

Re: Not able to Debug in Ride7 STM32 EvoPrimer, too irritating !

In my experience, such behavior is related to the fact that you are line-stepping through C-code, and you are hitting an area where code has been optimized such that a direct mapping between binary code executed and your source code, does no longer exist.

What you usually can do is, once you hit the first breakpoint, continue stepping through assembler i.s.o. C code. It's painfully slow, but may help you understand what is happening.

Changing variables used in the code fragment into global i.s.o. local may help, in that code optimization is more restricted. With some luck the C-code you are trying to single step is not optimized away.

Or you can play with compiler directives, and not optimize the code segment you are debugging.

Either way, it requires trial and error, and patience. Good luck!

• Index
  •  » STM32 primer
  •  » Not able to Debug in Ride7 STM32 EvoPrimer, too irritating !

Board footer