/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / STM32 Family project reusage

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2012-12-13 04:36:09 STM32 Family project reusage

softy

STM32 Family project reusage

Hi ,
I have a project created for one STM family say : STM32LXXXVXXX can i build/use it for another STM32 family simply by changing the Processor types in the Advanced ARM options to STM32FXXXX family.

I meant the importing of project from one STM32 family to another Family.

Rgds,
Softy

Last edited by softy (2012-12-13 08:15:02)

" Pain is temporary, Quitting Lasts for ever"

# 2   2012-12-13 08:27:43 STM32 Family project reusage

VincentC
Administrator

Re: STM32 Family project reusage

Hi,

It's much more complex than this.

When doing this you must change the ST library, or at least its configuration.

You'll often have to change the way you assign, configure and use the peripherals and address the things that are different between the families.

If using some framework (like CircleOS, FreeRTOS, etc.), then you must change this (version or config) too. (which might ease the previous point, but there will always be _something_ to do)

Now, if your project is very simple, all this might be easy. But with real-life projects, it's usually not so straightforward.

Best Regards,

Vincent

# 3   2012-12-14 05:31:04 STM32 Family project reusage

softy

Hi Vincent,
Thanks for the replies.I understand the task is complex as there will be peripheral(and hence initialization) differences.My task is to run the STM32L weather application(http://www.stm32circle.com/projects/project.php?id=214) on the evoprimer.Since my evoprimer is having the STM32VG as target I need to change certain things in the STM32L weather code.I will be connecting an external temperature sensor on the extension Board(via some adaptor board, DIL24 board,etc)
What will be the things to look out for change while porting project in this case.I have already started looking into the schematics of both STM32L(EvoPrimer for STM32L152VB - http://www.stm32circle.com/resources/stm32Lprimer.php) primer and STM32G primer.
Can you plz throw more information on this.What is to be done an why and hows.

rgds,
Saurabh

" Pain is temporary, Quitting Lasts for ever"

# 4   2012-12-14 12:41:34 STM32 Family project reusage

VincentC
Administrator

Hi,

Well, that's an interesting and very ambitious project. wink

However, you should expect that the time you will spend on it will be considerable, and of course you'll need to build the extension board, which in itself might cost you more than purchasing a ready-made OP4 STM32L daughterboard. ;/

Anyways, here is the way to proceed...

First, you need to read all these docs:

. GettingStartedARM and Ride docs
. All Open4 and CircleOS docs for the base and the two daughterboards.
. STM32 devices (L & F) docs (datasheet and reference manual)
. ST libraries docs
. temp and pressure sensors docs

Then, create a project for OP4_STM32G, copy the STM32L application code in it, take the code for low power and accesses to temp/pressure sensors from the STM32L CircleOS code, include it in your application and adapt it whenever possible... That's it! wink

Best Regards,

Vincent

Board footer