/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Where is the Build Script/Makefile located for Ride

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2012-12-12 10:40:20 Where is the Build Script/Makefile located for Ride

softy

Where is the Build Script/Makefile located for Ride

HI,
I am trying to build an application on Ride7 for Evoprimer but the compiler is mistakenly picking the application_startup.o file from the wrong directory ->C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\lib\ARM\CircleOS\Application_Startup.o 

It should rather take it from C:\Program Files(x86)\Raisonance\Ride\lib\ARM\CircleOS\Application_Startup.o 

I can either manually copy Application_Startup.o  in the  C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\lib\ARM\CircleOS or edit the makefile/linker script.

I am getting this error at the end of the compilation (linking stage) :

c:/program files (x86)/raisonance/ride/arm-gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.5.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\lib\ARM\CircleOS\Application_Startup.o 

Can someone plz assit.

Rgds and Thanks,
Softy

Last edited by softy (2012-12-12 10:55:44)

" Pain is temporary, Quitting Lasts for ever"

# 2   2012-12-12 10:49:53 Where is the Build Script/Makefile located for Ride

VincentC
Administrator

Re: Where is the Build Script/Makefile located for Ride

Hi,

The software does not work if installed in a directory that contains parentheses, like for example "Program Files (x86)". This does not concern only default startup, but a lot of other things too.

You must deinstall Ride and RKits and reinstall them in another directory. (c:\raisonance for example, or "c:\Program Files")

The recent versions of Ride should not even allow you to install in "Program Files (x86)"... Are you sure you are using the latest versions?

Best Regards,

Vincent

# 3   2012-12-12 10:59:25 Where is the Build Script/Makefile located for Ride

softy

Hi Vincent,
I have edited the posted.
I have downloaded this project from some source and put it into C: and then tried building it.I am happily building the new and other STM32 projects from STM32Circle sites(no problem with "x86").I am having intel core i5 64 bit m/c .
I am using Ride7(latest version 7.42.12.0305- Standard) with RKit-ARM for Ride7(1.46.12.0305-Lite Suite)
I thought to edit the build/linker script to fix the above issue but couldn't find it.What is the role of application_startup.o btw.
Thanks and Rgds.
softy

Last edited by softy (2012-12-12 11:00:44)

# 4   2012-12-12 12:16:44 Where is the Build Script/Makefile located for Ride

VincentC
Administrator

Hi,

You really must uninstall RKit-ARM and Ride, and then reinstall them somewhere else. You will not get through this any other way.

application_startup.o is just the default startup code for CircleOS applications.

Best Regards,

Vincent

# 5   2012-12-13 04:08:05 Where is the Build Script/Makefile located for Ride

softy

Hi Vincent ,
Thanks,Agreed, I also found an alternative as well by changing the application_startup.o location here >  LD Linker > startup File > <browse the correct location of the application_startup.o.I can see my project building fine now.
Thanks and Rgds,
Softy

Last edited by softy (2012-12-13 05:11:18)

# 6   2012-12-13 08:19:22 Where is the Build Script/Makefile located for Ride

VincentC
Administrator

Hi,

You _really_ must uninstall RKit-ARM and Ride, and then reinstall them somewhere else.

Otherwise you will have other problems later.

The default startup is not the only thing that will fail because of this.

Best Regards,

Vincent

Board footer