/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Developing MEMS Application for EvoPrimer - STM32F103VG

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2012-12-10 05:03:41 Developing MEMS Application for EvoPrimer - STM32F103VG

softy

Developing MEMS Application for EvoPrimer - STM32F103VG

Hi,
I am developing an application fro STM32F103VG evoprimer , I havent yet started doing coding/programming but have been reading ht eSTM32Circle forums for STM32 primer and Circle OS.I got to know the following things from my reading so far :

(1) It is the STM32F103VG based EVoprimer havnig LIS3LV02DL MEMS inertial Sensor
(2) There are three active interrupts -
  - Systick Interrupt(Part os Circle OS code) invoked by the Systic Timer.It controls/affects the components like LEDs, buttons,Buzzers and LCDs
  - Timer2 interrupt which has higher priority than Systic Interrupt and is responsible for invoking MEMS handler
- DMA interrupt - used for doing I2S transfers towards audio codecs
(3) SPI is used to control the MEMS from the TIMER2 interrupt @fixed rates
(4) CircleOS APIS are used to get the sensor info from the MEMS h/w.

Plz assit me how to proceed for development for the MEMS based application for evoprimer. Basically any tutorial/code snippet/ Block diagrams of these interrupts connected to MEMS hardware.Which APIS/Libraries or Circle APIS to look for .

PS : I have installed the Ride 7 version and Rkit - ARM tool kit (lates ) and licensed it and made teh system ready for application development.

Rgds,
softy

Last edited by softy (2012-12-10 05:05:54)

" Pain is temporary, Quitting Lasts for ever"

# 2   2012-12-11 09:39:47 Developing MEMS Application for EvoPrimer - STM32F103VG

VincentC
Administrator

Re: Developing MEMS Application for EvoPrimer - STM32F103VG

Hi,

To use the MEMS from a CircleOS application, just use the MEMS functions of the CircleOS API. MEMS_GetPosition, etc. See circle_api.h

To use the MEMS without the CircleOS, just look at the source code of the CircleOS (the one for your board wink ) and copy from it.

Best Regards,

Vincent

# 3   2012-12-11 10:42:20 Developing MEMS Application for EvoPrimer - STM32F103VG

softy

HI Vincent,
Thanks again for the reply.Also I wanted to know there is this project -> Inertial Sensor http://www.stm32circle.com/projects/project.php?id=219
The page shows the values of Acc, mag , Gyro , pressure and temp values.Are these all sensor available in the sensor - LIS3LV02DL on the base(VE) or do we have to connect them with the extension board to the base.
I think we have to connect sensors via extension for these sensors?

magnetometer / accelerometer : ref LSM303DLM,
gyroscope : ref L3G4200D,
pressure / temperature : LPS001D.
Does the information given on the Schematics : Schematics : PU_Inertial_v1.1.pdf will help me.Sorry being so noob here but I am learning and wanted to learn this firmly.
rgds,
softy

" Pain is temporary, Quitting Lasts for ever"

# 4   2012-12-11 13:10:37 Developing MEMS Application for EvoPrimer - STM32F103VG

VincentC
Administrator

Hi,

The LIS3LV02DL MEMS on the OP4 base (but driven by the daughterboard's VG) is "only" linear.

The base contains nothing for gyro, magneto, pressure, temp.

For these you need the inertial center extension board:
http://www.mcu-raisonance.com/~open4-in … h9hls.html

This example is designed for use with this inertial center extension board.

Best Regards,

Vincent

Board footer