/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / heap memory for Ride 7.

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2012-10-19 11:12:00 heap memory for Ride 7.

yurikov

heap memory for Ride 7.

I wish to use dynamic distribution of SRAM memory (heap) for my ARM microcontroller STM32F103 in environment RKit-ARM for Ride7 (version 1.26.10.0130) with FREE RTOS (V4.6.1). But I can not define of size of heap memory in configuration of project properties of Ride 7. Can someone help me?

# 2   2012-10-22 07:20:11 heap memory for Ride 7.

VincentC
Administrator

Re: heap memory for Ride 7.

Hi,

You do not need to define this...:

When using GCC with the default linker scripts and startup files from Ride, you don't need to define the size of the heap: all the RAM that is not used by data, bss, etc. is available for both the stack (going down from the higher address) and the heap (going up from the address following the higher allocated addess).

If you want to make sure that there is some amount of space left, you can increase the _minimum_stack_size parameter in the linker script, which in fact represent the minimum (stack+heap) size. Then in case of overflow it will generate a link error. But you don't need this for the application (and malloc and etc.) to work.

If using custom linker script and startup (from FreeRTOS maybe), then it could be different. Then you should ask the question to whoever wrote these files.

Best Regards,

Vincent

Board footer