/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / 7 days eval = 7 days looking for answers?

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2012-03-20 01:23:09 7 days eval = 7 days looking for answers?

seb

7 days eval = 7 days looking for answers?

Hi Guys,

I'm currently using STM32 IAR toolchain for a simple application running on a demoboard which has a functionality subset of the OP4.

My task is to evaluate the porting of the app to OP4. So, I downloaded the Ride7, the RKit (7 days?), and the WEATHER demo application from the stm32circle. I'm using STM32L target board and a custom daughter card that plugs on the OP4 20 pin adapter.

After having to learn where to find the absolute path missing for Ride7 to build and execute on the primer (debug works), I started to import my IAR STM32 ARM C files step by step. Quickly the linker started to scream for Flash Full. After unproductive forum browsing, seems that the 32kb limitation is because after 7 days, the debug is limited to 32kb. So how can I port my app and check its compatibility with the tools in 7 days if I can't link it (even without the need to  debug it?). Why not give a linker WARNING that the debugging may not be possible without the licence? There is a reasoning in the build fail that I quite don't understand. Please enligth me. By the way:

- How much is the license to be able to work freely?
- Which *.LD file in the WEATHER application should I modify to work freely? My edit trials went nowhere...

Stuck in the mud.

# 2   2012-03-20 08:37:41 7 days eval = 7 days looking for answers?

yrt
Administrator
Website

Re: 7 days eval = 7 days looking for answers?

Hi,

Normally after 7 days, you cannot use Ride, without acquire a license. But, if you got a Open4, you can activate it and get a "Lite" license which allows you to build and debug until 64Kb.
Got to this page : http://support-raisonance.com/extranet/home/index.php.
The limit is also done by the .ld of the application, '"Circle_app_OP4_32L.ld" in your case.
Change the LENGTH value in the line "  FLASH (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x800C000, LENGTH = 16K" to increase the limit size.

# 3   2012-03-22 02:49:27 7 days eval = 7 days looking for answers?

seb

Thanks.

Link file edited with Wordpad, as Ride7 is over 7 days now.

Following the web link, to purchase a primer OP4 64kb ARM license, I need to "- Provide RLink serial number", which is collected using Ride7... which does not seem to open anymore after 7 days because of the expired period.

Did I miss something?

# 4   2012-03-22 13:51:14 7 days eval = 7 days looking for answers?

yrt
Administrator
Website

In order to get the S/N of your Open4 embedded RLink, just tape this line command : "circle_mgr R"

It will provide S/N and firmware version.

$1 for 64Kb debugging, you just have to active your "Lite" license thanks to your Open4.
In Ride go to the menu "Help\license". Connect your Open4 then choose "RLink activation" and follow the instructions.

# 5   2012-03-23 01:09:29 7 days eval = 7 days looking for answers?

seb

RIDE WILL NOT RUN WITH AN EXPIRED RKIT-ARM.
THEN, I UNINSTALL IT WITH CONTROL PANEL.
NOW I CAN ACCESS THE RIDE7 MENU.
Don't know where to run circle_mgr R... on the DOS command prompt it does not work.
The fun part, is after turn on the Open4 and USB connect to the PC, the Help\license says it needs an RKIT-ARM to continue.

Am I the only new comer having this first experience impression?

Seems that if we can't setup everything within 7 days, we'd better buy a new PC or switch to IAR or Keil?

:-(

My allocated work time is up, will ask an intern to look at this in June.

This looks like a typical "why make things simple when it can be complicated?" french case.

# 6   2012-03-23 15:34:23 7 days eval = 7 days looking for answers?

yrt
Administrator
Website

Forget the circle_mgr (it is provided by the ARM kit !) and you do not need it nor the S/N to activate your kit, because, as I said before, you just need to connect your Open4 and its S/N will be read automatically.

But you need to reinstall the Kit ARM, because it is not Ride that is protected, but the kit...

When you launch Ride after the free 7 days, a popup rises and proposes 2 choices : exit or change license.
So, it is $1 to choose "Change license" and then "Rlink activation" as I said before.

Board footer