/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / multi app

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2011-07-06 12:48:13 multi app

azer

multi app

hello every body,

i have seek on the whole of this forum, but i didn't find it.
my question is simple. how to add two or three app on the primer2?

when i create several app on Ride7, i can see only one ("set as startup app")app.

how to reach to the other app? and how to put all apps on the application menu?

thx

# 2   2011-07-06 13:10:24 multi app

ntrf.zns

Re: multi app

You need to convert your application into shared library. Just create a new project as a shared library and add yur files there. Then compile it. Don't try to run - it won't. Put a resulting .lib file (look inside objdebug or objrelease) into another folder. Now find script Add_to_circle.bat in your ride7 distribution (or in some downloaded project) and put it in the (!) same (!) folder with .lib. Run the .bat file with Primer connected AND turned on. This will add your application to applications menu.

You can also do it without copying .lib file. Just make sure there is only one of them.
Also you need to make sure that yor primer is cleanly reloaded and NO DEBUG SESSION ACTIVE.

# 3   2011-07-07 06:43:59 multi app

yrt
Administrator
Website

ntrf.zns was talking about applications with several .c sources files. In this case you must build your application as a library.

But if you keep only one source file (like "application.c" in the template), you can build and debug your application with Ride, and then download it into a Primer with the “circle_mgr.exe” utility.

The tool is able to list, add and remove applications. The batch "Add_to_circle" calls "circle_mgr.exe", and allows to add automatically applications by downloading ".o" or ".lib" files found in the current directory.

All these informations are available in the documentation "STM32-Primer2 User Manual".
http://www.stm32circle.com/resources/stm32primer2.php

# 4   2011-07-07 08:22:59 multi app

azer

ok, I'll try it!

thx

Board footer