/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Problem installing latest version 4.11 for Primer2

Username:     
Password:     

Forum
  • Index
  •  » circleOS
  •  » Problem installing latest version 4.11 for Primer2

# 1   2011-04-05 15:02:12 Problem installing latest version 4.11 for Primer2

nerf2901

Problem installing latest version 4.11 for Primer2

Hi, I am currently working on primer2 for a school project which use an XBee module and basically, I'm trying to figure out a way to build a "driver"...

My problem is not in the way of building it (since I made one already with the stm32 from Micrium and mbed microcontroller), which was way more easier. I could have access to all .h and .c file, which I find really frustrating with the elf and fat file.

OK! So back to my problem, I tried to install the latest OS on my primer2 which seems to work, I get it and extract all in the /lib/arm directory (so I have a folder named Raisonance\Ride\lib\ARM\Circle) then I upgrade my primer2 my copying the .elf file in Raisonance\Ride\lib\ARM\CircleOS directory. So far so good, I try to create an application in ride7 (compile) and (when I go into the menu "about" of the primer2) its says that I have the latest version.

BUT when I try to use define from the OS library, its says undeclared define/variable. And when I look over the web (circle_api.h for example), it's include them. I'm using like OFFSET_ON, ALL_SCREEN, etc. Then I look in Raisonance\Ride\lib\ARM\CircleOS\circle_api.h and Raisonance\Ride\lib\ARM\CircleOS\Circle_App\circle_api.h and those both file didnt change at all when I upg the OS, do I have to change them manually? So I'm kind of confuse... I changed both and now, I get the error that circle_spe.h does not exist which is obvious, but I mean do I have to do all this manually (get all the source file and copy them in the circle_app directory)... And I have the same problem when I'm using the library from the stm32. I can get the function but not the define. It's getting really frustrating...

So could I have a tutorial on how to install the latest OS step by step and how to make use of it  in ride7. I guess it has to do with configure pathing in the LD linker... PLZ need help quick!

Thank you

# 2   2011-04-05 16:41:37 Problem installing latest version 4.11 for Primer2

nerf2901

Re: Problem installing latest version 4.11 for Primer2

Anybody?

# 3   2011-04-06 06:57:21 Problem installing latest version 4.11 for Primer2

yrt
Administrator
Website

Upgrading the CircleOS consists only to copy the new .elf to the Raisonance\Ride\lib\ARM\Circle directory as you said (binary upgrade).
But the .h files come with the CircleOS source files, or the KitARM upgrade.
To create a new application, be carrefull to choose "STM32_Primer2_CircleOS" in the processor list, in order to get a good project configuration with right include directories and right defines.
What is your Ride7 and KitARM version ?

# 4   2011-04-06 15:42:37 Problem installing latest version 4.11 for Primer2

nerf2901

Ride7 version 7.24.09.0251
RKit-ARM version 1.22.09.0251

# 5   2011-04-07 06:18:07 Problem installing latest version 4.11 for Primer2

yrt
Administrator
Website

Your framework is too old (current versions are 7.30 and 1.30 ) !
The first thing to do is to update them : http://www.mcu-raisonance.com/arm-download.html

# 6   2011-04-08 18:23:12 Problem installing latest version 4.11 for Primer2

nerf2901

Well, thank you!

Damn teacher, he's the one that told me to use this version...

anywayz, I was tired of searching my problem, so I coded my own application for my xbee module and it's working, but I had compilation error for some dinosaur progamming stuff lol.

Like a foor loop, you have to call int i, not in the for loop but outside...

• Index
  •  » circleOS
  •  » Problem installing latest version 4.11 for Primer2

Board footer