/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Did I break a record bricking my primer?

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2011-01-06 14:47:25 Did I break a record bricking my primer?

ikdor

Did I break a record bricking my primer?

I have probably bricked my primer in record time, taking the agricultural approach to embedded systems.

- installed ride with drivers
- connected primer on debug port
- Ride automatically started up in some Reva toggle project
- stupidly hit the load command, while searching for a way to check the Rlink connection
- Ride succesfully programs wrong program into STM32
- debug USB connection is no longer recognised by XP, error 304 when trying to use Rlink
- reinstall Rlink driver
- no more XP error, but now "error 0xC0000004 HC status : PID stall" when trying to use Rlink
- green led doesn't light on primer anymore when connecting debug port and pushing button

Apart from commenting on this being the least bright approach to playing with a primer, could someone confirm that I have broken the Rlink part of the primer?

Trying the reinstall_stm32_primer_demo.bat also runs into the same error, as that also needs the Rlink.

Thanks,
Igor

# 2   2011-01-06 15:28:35 Did I break a record bricking my primer?

ikdor

Re: Did I break a record bricking my primer?

Ok, found a solution in post
http://www.stm32circle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=952
should have searched for longer before posting.

If you hold the button, you're able to get into programming mode.

Now I'll have to figure out how to solve the new "unable to read ID code" error
edit: by cycling the power, duh!

back to messing about.

Igor

Last edited by ikdor (2011-01-06 15:48:59)

# 3   2011-01-07 07:14:57 Did I break a record bricking my primer?

yrt
Administrator
Website

Hi Igor,

Effectively, if you downloaded a bad program into your Primer, this one can use the shutdown ouput in a bad way, so you must hold the button in order to maintain the Primer on !
For the new message, in order to check the connection and the RLink part of the Primer :
- open the Ride project "toggle" in {Ride}/Examples/ARM/Primer,
- go to "RLink configuration/Advanced options" in the project settings, and open the dialog box,
- click on "Connect to RLink and read serial number" : this checks the RLink connection,
- if OK, click on "Connect to target and read information" : this checks the target CPU connection,
- if OK, launch the debug session to download the toggle program.

Which type of Primer do you have (Primer2 or EvoPrimer) ?

Yves

# 4   2011-01-07 08:19:08 Did I break a record bricking my primer?

ikdor

Hi Yves,

Thanks for your answer. I can step through the toggle program in debug mode, so everything is up and running again.
The primer is a primer1. It has been in my drawer for years, waiting for a bit of time to play with it. I finally have an application that needs an ARM, so I grabbed it and promtly rendered it inoperable.....

I have another question though. I got the pro upgrade for the primer and received the textfile to be put in the BIN directory. (according to the instructions this should be all that's necessary to unlock it)
However, when I run Rlinkcapab.exe it still shows a 32k cap for debugging. Do I need to do something extra to unlock it?

Best regards,
Igor

# 5   2011-01-10 07:18:53 Did I break a record bricking my primer?

yrt
Administrator
Website

Hi Igor,

For the upgrade, the .txt file in the Ride/bin directory is sufficient.
Try another command : in the Ride7 project properties, lauch "Rlink configuration/advanced options" to open the dialog box. In the dialog box click on "Connect to RLink and read serial number". The message box will indicates you the size limitation or the absence of limitation.
If your Primer is always limited, send a email to the Raisonance's support support@raisonance.com

Yves

Board footer