/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / STM32 Primer / RIDE7 / SentinelPRO / Problems / Solutions

Username:     
Password:     

Forum
  • Index
  •  » STM32 primer
  •  » STM32 Primer / RIDE7 / SentinelPRO / Problems / Solutions

# 1   2008-01-14 13:26:47 STM32 Primer / RIDE7 / SentinelPRO / Problems / Solutions

andyc2001

STM32 Primer / RIDE7 / SentinelPRO / Problems / Solutions

Hi - I recently bought a couple of STM32 Primers and had a few problems.

I am using VMWare  to run RIDE7 ( which could be part of my problem ).

RIDE7 installed fine - but when I came to try and compile the toggle_with_Circle_OS project - the build always failed.

A few tests later I discovered that the command line for the dwf2xml.exe utility was limited
( Stated to be less than 150 characters ).

So - I moved the example files to a shorter path - but the build still failed.

When I tried to run the dwf2xml command - windows compained about a missing export in sx32w.dll "DllEntryPoint".

A little googling later showed that this dll belongs to some sort of hardware protection dongle.

Anyway - I downloaded the latest version of the Sentinel Pro driver from http://www.safenet-inc.com/support/tech/sentinel.asp ( 7.4.0 ) and just installed the USB drivers ( nothing else ).

Success ! - the test project will now build.

Hope this helps anybody suffering the same problems.
Regards,
Andy.

# 2   2008-01-14 14:06:49 STM32 Primer / RIDE7 / SentinelPRO / Problems / Solutions

Francis
Administrator

Re: STM32 Primer / RIDE7 / SentinelPRO / Problems / Solutions

The issue with dwf2xml.exe utility had been already reported (and fixed). We are looking for the replacement of the Sentinel Pro drivers. Thanks for this report.

# 3   2008-01-14 14:24:05 STM32 Primer / RIDE7 / SentinelPRO / Problems / Solutions

andyc2001

Francis :

The issue with dwf2xml.exe utility had been already reported (and fixed). We are looking for the replacement of the Sentinel Pro drivers. Thanks for this report.

Sorry about that - but when I tried the latest CD image - I still had the problems with dwf2xml.exe.

Is there an updated dwf2xml.exe I can download ?

# 4   2008-01-14 14:38:34 STM32 Primer / RIDE7 / SentinelPRO / Problems / Solutions

Francis
Administrator

We will double check (the issue was reported in October, and the latest image is dated of November).
There will be soon a new release, and we will check this issue before . Thanks.

# 5   2008-01-14 14:47:49 STM32 Primer / RIDE7 / SentinelPRO / Problems / Solutions

Francis
Administrator

Could you send me an example that would showthe problem of long pathname.
I just try the following and it works:

\"C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\Bin\dwf2xml.exe" "C:\Tmp\Circle1.7\CircleOS\source\OS\My very long Path name with many space characters\My other very long Path name with many space characters\My application with a long name somewhere in a long folder.dbi" "C:\Tmp\Circle1.7\CircleOS\source\OS\My very long Path name with many space characters\My other very long Path name with many space characters\My application with a long name somewhere in a long folder-globals.Circle_Debug.xml" "C:\Tmp\Circle1.7\CircleOS\source\OS\My very long Path name with many space characters\My other very long Path name with many space characters\My application with a long name somewhere in a long folder.Circle_Debug.xml"

# 6   2008-01-14 17:38:44 STM32 Primer / RIDE7 / SentinelPRO / Problems / Solutions

andyc2001

Okay - let's be totally clear ( obviously there is some confusion ).

1. The version of dwf2xml.exe supplied on the mini-cd with the Primer kit seems to suffer from a limit in the size of the command line and a problem with the Sentinel dll.

2. "DWF2XML 0.01.30" as provided within the current downloadable CD image FIXES the limited command line length - but still suffers from the sentinel drivers problem ( well for me it does :-) )

Or - I guess it is possible that the sentinel drivers are not updated after an uninstall of the original CD and an install of the new CD image ( I don't know what version of sentinel drivers are installed by the new CD image ).

Hope that clears it up.

So will a new issue of dwf2xml be the fix for the sentinel problem - or should people just do as I did and install the 7.4.0 version of the drivers ?

Andy.

# 7   2008-01-15 09:23:03 STM32 Primer / RIDE7 / SentinelPRO / Problems / Solutions

Francis
Administrator

Thanks for the explanation.
I believe that dwf2xml is NOT concerned by the Sentinel driver issue and only RIDE tries to check whether a Sentinel dongle is present (this protection mode is not used for the STM32/ARMx families, but for some other tools/families).
Anyway, the workaround consists in dowloading the new Sentinel drivers from the link you provided. We will update these drivers in the next RIDE7 release.
Thanks again.

• Index
  •  » STM32 primer
  •  » STM32 Primer / RIDE7 / SentinelPRO / Problems / Solutions

Board footer