/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / porting FreeRtos to EVOPRIMER

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2010-12-20 09:09:05 porting FreeRtos to EVOPRIMER

maiolif

porting FreeRtos to EVOPRIMER

Hello to all members.
I just purchased an EVOPRIMER and I would like to port FREERtos to this device.

I modified the init files and the hw specific files according to the changes between primer 2 and evoprimer; all seems ok, but once introduced the freertos os files (scheduler, routine... etc) the compiler freezes and doesn't compile these files.

freeze= the gear on the lower side of the ride7 ide is still turning but no compiling of these .c files is achieved

every other file is compiled normally.

what is this?

does anyone tried to port freertos to evoprimer?

thanks in advance

# 2   2010-12-23 09:05:10 porting FreeRtos to EVOPRIMER

FreeRTOS.org

Re: porting FreeRtos to EVOPRIMER

This sounds like a compiler issue rather than a FreeRTOS issue.  If Ride still uses GCC then the files you would have to include in your project are:

FreeRTOS/source/portable/GCC/ARM_CM3/port.c
FreeRTOS/source/tasks.c
FreeRTOS/source/portable/queue.c
FreeRTOS/source/portable/list.c

...and the directories required in the include path would be

FreeRTOS/source/portable/GCC/ARM_CM3/port.c
FreeRTOS/source/include

You would then also need a FreeRTOSConfig.h file that sets configKERNEL_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY and configMAX_SYSCALL_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY appropriately for a CM3 target (there are lots of examples of this, but choose one from an STM32 example as this will ensure they are set correctly for use with 4 priority bits).  Check out the documentation on the FreeRTOS site for how to set these correctly.  You should also ensure the CM3 priority group configuration is set to have 4 preemption priority bits.

Regards,
Richard
(http://www.FreeRTOS.org)

Last edited by FreeRTOS.org (2010-12-23 09:05:49)

# 3   2010-12-23 09:22:59 porting FreeRtos to EVOPRIMER

maiolif

Re: porting FreeRtos to EVOPRIMER

I'm agree with you it's a compiling problem with RIDE/GCC

It's what I have done, including linker script modification.
I have to review all the steps and to check them, I'll take care to your checklist of course.

Now I'm leaving for christmas holidays, but I'll reply on the forum to inform everyone about this matter. Of course if this porting will be working it will available for the community.

Merry christmas!

Last edited by maiolif (2010-12-23 09:32:43)

Board footer