/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Execution out of Debugging Limitation

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2010-12-02 16:16:32 Execution out of Debugging Limitation

Shane Peterson

Execution out of Debugging Limitation

So I keep getting this error when I try to debug a

Processor:      STM32F107VCT6
Eval Package: STM3210C-EVAL/A

Ride7                     7.30.10.0159
Ride7 Patch            7.30.10.0169
RKit-ARM for Ride7  1.26.10.0130

With a RLink going into a JTAG port

The code compiles fine in Ride7, I can even load the .hex file generated after a successful build using a serial port, and the code works fine. But when I use the debugger I get this message;

Execution out of Debugging Limitation PC=0x1FFFB020

Is there a limitation on the debugger software? Is this an invalid memory location that is in the sample code I'm using?

# 2   2010-12-06 09:04:46 Execution out of Debugging Limitation

VincentC
Administrator

Re: Execution out of Debugging Limitation

Hi,

The debugging limitation will return this message when the PC gets over the 32K limit. (ignoring the first four bits of the address)
You receive this message because for some reason your PC gets at address 0x1FFFB020.
If you had the RLink PRO, without limitation, you would get a different error message but still it wouldn't work because this address is not valid.
You must understand why your PC goes at this wrong address...
Try debugging your startup code for a start.
I cannot tell much more without information on the board and application.
If it is a standard board, try debugging the standard applications designed for this board.
If it is your custom board, try to find differences between your board and standard ones. Try also debugging very simple toggle aplications to start with.

I also suggest you perform a search in this forum, and also on this other one:
http://forum.raisonance.com/index.php
Some other customers had problems that lead to this error message... You will find hints and ideas there.

Best Regards,

Vincent

Board footer