/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / EvoPrimer + CircleOS = infinite number of problems

Username:     
Password:     

Forum
  • Index
  •  » circleOS
  •  » EvoPrimer + CircleOS = infinite number of problems

# 1   2010-11-16 01:05:22 EvoPrimer + CircleOS = infinite number of problems

hakan

EvoPrimer + CircleOS = infinite number of problems

I have 2 EvoPrimer. I can write very simple programs run inside CircleOS. But whenever I try to use one or more libraries from ST I get countless error messages like symbol redefinition or linker issues. I can only overcome these difficulties by copying library headers and sources to application directory and modify them manually. As you imagine it's a big pain and wasted time.

Could someone explain me if there is a problem with Ride7 support of EvoPrimer. Because it's very meaningless that a C or C++ compiler gives errors if I include same header file in two or more source files. This is very basic problem and there are a lot of them. As an example if I adjust the order of include files to overcome the redefinition errors (this is also very stupid,  because all of the include files which cause this errors actually has all the needed preprocessor statements correctly) and compile the project I get only linker errors of unincluded source files. But if  I add the needed soure files and make the project, all off the redefinition errors reappear.

If I modify files and compile the project still I can not manage to run UART, I2C and SPI modules. At least I couldn't find a solution for these peripherals. Only GPIO module works without problems. Especially communication modules don't work very well.

Is there anyone who has some ideas about there?

Thanks

Hakan

# 2   2010-11-17 08:16:46 EvoPrimer + CircleOS = infinite number of problems

yrt
Administrator
Website

Re: EvoPrimer + CircleOS = infinite number of problems

Hi,

If you want to use ST libraires in your project, we recommand to add the source files into your project, and verify that the "LD linker/libraries/Use OLD precompiled library" is unchecked in your project properties. Remove also the "$(RkitLib)\ARM\include" in the Include Directories options, if exists.

Did you get the last Ride7 and KitARM version from Circle website ?

Yves

# 3   2011-04-05 13:19:32 EvoPrimer + CircleOS = infinite number of problems

pfandler

Re: EvoPrimer + CircleOS = infinite number of problems

Hakan,

You must include the ST libraries first, and the circle_api.h at last. This way the definitions won't collide.

Peter

• Index
  •  » circleOS
  •  » EvoPrimer + CircleOS = infinite number of problems

Board footer