/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / higher Baudrate?

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2007-12-30 17:52:00 higher Baudrate?

Squonk

higher Baudrate?

The PrimerVirtualCom project is quite interesting for me because it is very simple to use. The only problem I see is the limited baudrate of 115200bd. I know that this is limited due to the driver on the windows side. But does somebody know how to increase the baudrate e.g. by using another driver in windows?

Regards

Squonk

"The stupidity of mankind and the universe have no end. But in the case of the universe it is not so sure." A. Einstein

# 2   2007-12-30 22:20:11 higher Baudrate?

Stewee
Website

Re: higher Baudrate?

Hello Squonk,  I believe you are correct that the limitation is on the Windows side. I also believe that the limitation is probably at the  application level rather than the driver level, especially if the application is a dumb terminal program.

You may have noticed that the low speed is only in one direction from Primer to Host-PC, since if you use the COPY file COM8: method, from a command prompt,  to copy a test data file to the Primer, the effective baud is much faster. Try with a file of exactly 1 Million bytes and you'll see what I mean!!  Delays were put in PrimerVirtualCom Transmit-to-host code purely to overcome  -what I believed to be-  a limited ability of the Hosts dumb-terminal APPLICATION to accomodate received data at more than 115k. 

You may also have noticed that a dumb terminal program can set the baud to say 2400 and it still works fine without changing anything at the Primer end.

It may be true that if a lean and fast test program is written for the host-PC that simply verifies received data, it will probably accept data at faster than 115k.  The delays could then probably be reduced or removed from the Primers transmit-to-host test code.

There are some useful references in this post; http://www.stm32circle.com/forum/viewto … d=348#p348

Last edited by Stewee (2008-01-16 08:29:01)

( Please Give Blood http://www.blood.co.uk >50% can.  5% do. )

Board footer