/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / CircleOS-1.7.Zip

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2007-12-30 15:15:56 CircleOS-1.7.Zip

shug

CircleOS-1.7.Zip

Just down loaded the latest OS from this site to update my Primer from the 1.0 it was issed with, and the primer now reports that I have v1.6? Does the Primer incorrectly report the 1.7 version as 1.6, or is the version on the site still at v1.6 but labelled 1.7? How do I check?

As a side issue, sometimes the display goes into a mirror image mode - any idea what causes this?

# 2   2007-12-30 17:11:23 CircleOS-1.7.Zip

Francis
Administrator

Re: CircleOS-1.7.Zip

I have no primer at home, so I cannot check. Just a few hints:
1. If you are using RIDE to load an application, the CIRCLE.ELF file will be reprogrammed at each debug session. Therefore, you have to overwrite the previous version (in RIDE\LIB\ARM\CIRCLEOS) with the latest V1.7 elf file.
2. You can also check in the source files and recompile if needed.
3. One improvement  of the V1.7 consists in supporting the "double shock" to validate a command in a menu. Does it work?

For the second issue, I recommend to power off the Primer (removing the jumper) after shutting down. If it still occures, you would have to increase the initial delay at the very beginning of the main function (to wait for the complete LCD reset before launching the initialization). It could be that this delay is longer for your specific primer.

# 3   2007-12-30 18:14:54 CircleOS-1.7.Zip

shug

Francis, thanks for the quick reply! I wasn't expecting anything until the new year.

Firstly I am a complete novice at this.
It was my intention to get all the relevant tools and OS installed and upto date before I started to learn how to use them. I have therfore not used RIDE to do anything yet. I've just downloaded the CD-ROM image and installed it, then updated the RkitARM to the latest version [1.03.0004].

I also downloaded the CircleOS-1.7.Zip and extracted into "[Ride7_INSTALL_DIR]\Lib\ARM" as suggested. I then went to "[Ride7_INSTALL_DIR]\Lib\ARM\CircleOS" and found Update_Circle_OS.bat and ran that. I assumed that this was the correct way of doing things as I have not found any instructions about how to do this. I then had a look in the about drop down box on the Primer and it told me I had V1.6 loaded.

>1. If you are using RIDE to load an application, the CIRCLE.ELF file will be reprogrammed at each debug session.
Not directly, I used the batch file. I have not compiled anything yet.
>Therefore, you have to overwrite the previous version (in RIDE\LIB\ARM\CIRCLEOS) with the latest V1.7 elf file.
Circle.elf is dated 26/10/2007

>3. One improvement of the V1.7 consists in supporting the "double shock" to validate a command in a menu.
>Does it work?
Hmm I don't know - how do I tell?

Sorry to be so vague, but as I said I am a novice.

I have also found data sheets for the Pushbutton and 47uH inductor you can add to your documentation page, how can I forward them to you?

# 4   2007-12-30 22:54:49 CircleOS-1.7.Zip

Stewee
Website

Hello Shug, To test if double-shock works (question 3) you should be able to select an option from the primers main menu by tapping the Primer twice quickly and hard enough to make it beep each tap. Its like a double-Click of a mouse but without a button. Also you can find DoubleClick member in the type tMEMS_Info in circle_api.h. You can test this member in you own code by calling MEMS_GetInfo() which returns a pointer to this type.

Last edited by Stewee (2008-01-08 17:56:08)

( Please Give Blood http://www.blood.co.uk >50% can.  5% do. )

# 5   2008-01-02 14:34:42 CircleOS-1.7.Zip

lionel
Website

Hello,

did you make sure the Primer was correctly connected to your PC (by USB cable) and powered up (push the orange button) before launching Update_Circle_OS.bat ?

you can also try to launch the following command line from Windows Start Menu->Run... :

Code:

cmd.exe /k "C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\Lib\ARM\CircleOS\Update_Circle_OS.bat"

and see whether some errors appear.

regards
Lionel

# 6   2008-01-05 13:43:53 CircleOS-1.7.Zip

shug

Hi Lionel,
happy new year to you and all other readers.

More info for you.

lionel :

Hello,
did you make sure the Primer was correctly connected to your PC (by USB cable) and powered up (push the orange button) before launching Update_Circle_OS.bat ?

YES

you can also try to launch the following command line from Windows Start Menu->Run... :

Code:

cmd.exe /k "C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\Lib\ARM\CircleOS\Update_Circle_OS.bat"

and see whether some errors appear.

Hmmm... interesting.
If I run the Update_Circle_OS.bat from within the Raisonance folder it programmes OK - all be it v1.6 - and I get the following output.....

Cortex_pgm: software for programming Cortex chips using a RLink as master.
Copyright Raisonance 2007

<0>
Selecting target: STM32F103RBT6...
<0>
Connecting to RLink...OK
Connecting to target...OK
Reading target IdCode...OK
IdCode read:0x3BA00477
Silicon Revision Id: 0x20006410.
Option bytes: RDP=0xA5, USER=0xFF, WRP=0xFFFFFFFF
Device initialisation...OK
<1>
Erasing Flash...OK
Erasing Option Bytes...OK
<3>
Programming file Circle.hex to flash...OK
<11>
Starting program execution...OK
<12>
Closing com with RLink...OK

However if I run from the command line as you suggest I get the following output....

Cortex_pgm: software for programming Cortex chips using a RLink as master.
Copyright Raisonance 2007

<0>
Selecting target: STM32F103RBT6...
<0>
Connecting to RLink...OK
Connecting to target...OK
Reading target IdCode...OK
IdCode read:0x3BA00477
Silicon Revision Id: 0x20006410.
Option bytes: RDP=0xA5, USER=0xFF, WRP=0xFFFFFFFF
Device initialisation...OK
<2>
Erasing Flash...OK
Erasing Option Bytes...OK
<4>
Programming file Circle.hex to flash...
!!! Error 2: No error currently
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ERROR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STM32-Primer programmation failed. Please check that the "Debug" USB connector
is plugged and that the STM32-Primer is powered up <press the STM32-Primer
button if you are unsure>

and the screen is blank. I dont understand this, as the path is exactly the same? Also if you look at the output of the command line version the <x> numbers differ?

Running the Update_Circle_OS.bat from within the Raisonance file structure, the OS is programmed correctly as above. But still v1.6? This is repeatable.

I am wondering at this stage if I extracted the zip file into the wrong directory? If this is true I would think that RLink would not be able to find the files to programme? That said, I do not see most of the files from the extracted zip file in the directory any more? Do they get cleared out after programming? Also the circle.hex file in the CircleOS folder is dated 26/10/2007 and not the 09/11/2007 from the zip file - so it looks like I stuffed up the extracting of the zip files

Last edited by shug (2008-01-05 14:24:49)

# 7   2008-01-05 13:47:21 CircleOS-1.7.Zip

shug

Hi Stewee - happy new yaer to you as well.

Stewee :

To test if double-shock works (question 3) you should be able to select an option from the primers main menu by tapping the Primer twice quickly and hard enough to make it beep each tap. Its like a double-Click of a mouse but without a button.

Nope definetly does not do that.

# 8   2008-01-06 14:22:59 CircleOS-1.7.Zip

shug

OK new day and a fresh look at my problem.

I have extracted the Circle OS1.7 zip file again today and low and behold, running the Update_Circle_OS.bat from within the Raisonance folder it programmes OK - I now have v1.7 installed! I can see that this installation has created an additional folder where the project files are now stored, so that answers one of my previous question. I also now know what was being refered to as the double shock - yep that works too.

So now all I have to do is to work out why I managed to get v1.6 loaded, rather than 1.7. Its not as if v1.6 is available on the web site anymore?

Now to start learning how to programme this baby!

# 9   2008-01-06 14:46:37 CircleOS-1.7.Zip

shug

shug :

So now all I have to do is to work out why I managed to get v1.6 loaded, rather than 1.7. Its not as if v1.6 is available on the web site anymore?

I suspect it was included in the CD-ROM image that I downloaded - that would make sense.

Board footer