/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Can we have the MEMs data sent out on USB to a PC app?

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2007-08-21 20:43:35 Can we have the MEMs data sent out on USB to a PC app?

msaunders

Can we have the MEMs data sent out on USB to a PC app?

Hi,

I have got some of the Primer, and they really are excellent.

I have however found that when you are using the mems demos, sending the little ball all over the screen, you obviously have to tip the unit, but in doing so it makes the screen difficult / impossible to read.

So, to the software guys behind the primer, what possibility is there for you to (in addition to what you have) send the MEMs data out on the USB connection, to a host application on the PC (there is already some good E+MEMs analysis software from ST that looks for  auPSD bord on the USB...)  THis would make for a good evaluation of both the USB interface on the STM32 and also the MEMs chip...

What do you think?

# 2   2007-08-22 09:54:32 Can we have the MEMs data sent out on USB to a PC app?

Francis
Administrator

Re: Can we have the MEMs data sent out on USB to a PC app?

The CircleOS provides the MEMS information to the application, but it dones not manage the USB. I believe that someone at ST is writing a CircleOS based application that will use the USB controller. I agree that a MEMS logger via the USB is a basic, mandatory application.
Another "must" application would be a simple pointer device (mouse)... It is also planned.
Francis

# 3   2007-10-11 17:47:17 Can we have the MEMs data sent out on USB to a PC app?

sq9nry

Hi All,

Francis :

(...) I agree that a MEMS logger via the USB is a basic, mandatory application.
Another "must" application would be a simple pointer device (mouse)... It is also planned.
Francis

I've been trying to deploy any USB related project on the dev board. So far with no success.. I grasped the Audio_Speaker app. from STM3210B-EVAL\STM32F10xUSBLib project. Did some changes to hardware config setup (pll x6 and different buzzer port). PD.9 for usb disconnect is of no use here (suppose). After build/upload, an unknown device is reported and silence rings..
Thanks in advance for any hints!

Pawel

- Update as of now :-)
PLL was set x6 but only in the comment, after updating the device is being recognized as Composite, looking for win xp drivers now..

Last edited by sq9nry (2007-10-11 17:57:36)

# 4   2007-11-01 19:05:10 Can we have the MEMs data sent out on USB to a PC app?

ac

I have the same issue where connecting the primer with the STM32 usb port, the device comes up as 'unknown device'. How did you fix that issue?

# 5   2007-11-02 13:08:38 Can we have the MEMs data sent out on USB to a PC app?

Francis
Administrator

We modified the MouseJoystick example to make it running on the Primer (see the projects). One issue was the clock (12MHz on the Primer). another was the setting of the IRQ. But it works after fixing these two problems.

# 6   2007-11-02 22:17:35 Can we have the MEMs data sent out on USB to a PC app?

dalewheat
Website

Specifically, change source file "hw_config.c":

Code:

RCC_PLLConfig(RCC_PLLSource_HSE_Div1, RCC_PLLMul_9);

to

Code:

RCC_PLLConfig(RCC_PLLSource_HSE_Div1, RCC_PLLMul_6);

and change:

Code:

NVIC_PriorityGroupConfig(NVIC_PriorityGroup_1);

to

Code:

NVIC_PriorityGroupConfig(NVIC_PriorityGroup_0);

and finally change:

Code:

NVIC_InitStructure.NVIC_IRQChannelPreemptionPriority = 0;

to

Code:

NVIC_InitStructure.NVIC_IRQChannelPreemptionPriority = 3;

This allowed me to compile the STM32 USB Development Kit sample project "Virtual_COM_Port" for the STM32 Primer and have the STM32 Primer be recognized as a USB serial port by Windows XP Pro.

Thanks,

Dale Wheat

# 7   2007-11-03 09:01:48 Can we have the MEMs data sent out on USB to a PC app?

Francis
Administrator

Suggestion: If you have some time, it would be nice to change this project into a "CircleOS Applicaiton", then to post it. Thanks!

# 8   2007-11-03 09:40:08 Can we have the MEMs data sent out on USB to a PC app?

dalewheat
Website

Francis,

That's the idea!  Perhaps you can help me with some pesky details...

In short, I would need to separate the intialization part and put it into the application_init part and turn the infintite loop in main into a once-through (single-pass) routine in the application handler...  yes?

Thanks,

Dale Wheat

# 9   2007-11-03 22:16:26 Can we have the MEMs data sent out on USB to a PC app?

Francis
Administrator

The general idea is the following:
- Application_Ini ()   is called only once, when the application is launched.
- then the Application_Handler() function is called in the scheduler managed by the systick irq  (among the different low level handlers for the MEMS, the LCD, the button...).
Thus, Yes, you can put the contents of the infinite loop in the Application_Handler. It should work with some latency (that is ok in our case).

# 10   2008-10-02 07:06:33 Can we have the MEMs data sent out on USB to a PC app?

w0utje

just put primervirtualCOMn and MEMS together...
I did it and it works fine

Board footer