/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Startup problems with the brand new Primer2

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2010-04-27 13:12:32 Startup problems with the brand new Primer2

omnix

Startup problems with the brand new Primer2

I have just received a new Primer2 today.
But I have problems operating it.

I have charged the battery, the green light is on.
When I turn it on, in a blink of an eye I see some message, something about touchscreen.
After that I see white screen and a blue ball reacting on movements and joystick direction commands.
Four icons (settings and another three for sound are located near 4 plastic buttons).
The "settings" icon is painted in red.
However, the display doesn't react on touching it and all I can do is to move blue ball around the screen or to push the joystick button.
Sometimes it happens that it reacts on one of the four plastic buttons and than i see message:

"TOUCHSCREEN
CALIBRATION

Press the plastic
button near the
blinking square"

However, there are no blinking squares, except that one icon on the right is red (not blinking), and nothing happens when I press that button. When I press the button next to it, it goes to another screen asking me to press the black cross on the screen situated in the very corner of the screen. But nothing happens when I press there - it doesn't react. The same happens if I press anywhere else on the screen.

After I push the joystick button i see a logo screen with a picture of Primer2
Again, all I can do is to push the joystick button after I go in the Menu. But - it reacts as if the youstick button is always pressed - it selects the first submenu - than the first submenu of the submenu... until it ends at "setting the CPU frequency"
Here I can select between 0....4 and that's about all I can do with this gadget.

Hollding down the joystick button will turn it of, and by turnin it on agin all above said is just repeated.

What can be done about this?

Thanks
omnix

# 2   2010-04-29 07:33:22 Startup problems with the brand new Primer2

yrt
Administrator
Website

Re: Startup problems with the brand new Primer2

Hi,

It looks as the touscreen issue. Is your screen correctly positionned into the Primer case ?
May be the case is pressing on the screen. In this case, try to dismount the case and the PCB, and put the screen at its good place.

Yves

# 3   2010-09-30 02:13:18 Startup problems with the brand new Primer2

rikubon

I also encountered the same issue and solved the issue with the way which yrt suggested.

# 4   2010-09-30 02:16:29 Startup problems with the brand new Primer2

rikubon

Additional comment: Just relaxing the screws on the PCB was enough to avoid the above issue.

Board footer