/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / SD Card: Partial success.

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2010-04-26 14:22:56 SD Card: Partial success.

jdsotack

SD Card: Partial success.

When I run config/test on my primary, I got a result of "OK" and an OEM code for three different cards I tried (PNY 2GB, San Disk 2 GB, Verbatim 4 GB HS).  However, I got lockups when trying to run the MP3 player and Record wave applications shipped with my primer 2.

I know at least some of the cards did not work with "out of the box" formatting.  Is there something special I need to do to use this programs.  At one point, I believe I tried record wave with a different primer 2 with a lockup. 

I assume the communication path from the MCU to the card is working since the OEM code is read.  Is there something else I need to do?

# 2   2010-04-27 08:19:04 SD Card: Partial success.

repzak

Re: SD Card: Partial success.

Hello,

I believe the problem is in the SD card driver, and that is have nothing to do with the MP3 player application smile

Atleast until otherwise is proofed.

I belive it has something to do with the DMA transfer, it has a while(transfer finished) just after each transfer, and i have noticed it usually stops in that while because the finished flag is not set.

Maybe it could help to use poll or IRQ mode on SD card, but it will properly cost some more time.

Kasper

Board footer