/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Will the STX-RLink work for other manufacturer's arm7 chips?

Username:     
Password:     

Forum
  • Index
  •  » STM32 Family
  •  » Will the STX-RLink work for other manufacturer's arm7 chips?

# 1   2010-03-04 13:01:57 Will the STX-RLink work for other manufacturer's arm7 chips?

twanage

Will the STX-RLink work for other manufacturer's arm7 chips?

Hi,
I'm looking at an STX-RLINK programmer to get started programming the STM32 (Cortex M3).

Will this work on generic type arm7 chips like the LPC2xxx series, or is it locked to ST devices only? Availability of the cheaper ST devices can be an issue at my local supplier, and ideally I want something to program the lower end stuff too.

Cheers
Ro

Last edited by twanage (2010-03-04 13:02:47)

# 2   2010-03-05 08:29:52 Will the STX-RLink work for other manufacturer's arm7 chips?

VincentC
Administrator

Re: Will the STX-RLink work for other manufacturer's arm7 chips?

Hi,

The RLink is not limited to ST devices.

For now the software handles STR7x, STR9x, STM32x, LPC17x, and some LPC2x (but not all of them). We are in the process of adding support for more ARM devices, and that will not require customers to upgrade the RLink. Only the software.

I suggest you download and install the software (Ride7 + RKit-ARM kits) from the Raisonance website and you will be able to see the exact list of devices currently supported.

Best Regards,

Vincent

• Index
  •  » STM32 Family
  •  » Will the STX-RLink work for other manufacturer's arm7 chips?

Board footer